STEP 1STEP 2STEP 3 STEP 4 STEP 5 STEP 6 STEP 7STEP 8STEP 9STEP 10STEP 11STEP 12
- Determine NRG Sunhood or Blade positioning to exterior wall/window/door.
- Determine exterior wall structure & substrate. Timber/steel frame, masonry brick/block, tilt panel.
- Select correct galvanised mechanical fixings for exterior wall structure/substrate (see table)
- Ensure level line set out to the underside of the NRG Sunhood/Blade, desired height.
SUBSTRATE GALV 12mm Dia MIN LENGTH EXAMPLE Masonry Dyna Bolt 50mm Tilt Panel/Block Masonry Coach screw/Plug 65mm Brick Veneer Timber Frame Coach Screw 65mm Cladding Substrate Steel Frame Purlin Bolt 30mm Cladding Substrate
- Locate and fix galvanised mechanical brackets to wall structure @ 600mm centres maximum.
(NOTE: Polyurethane seal back plate of bracket & bolt penetrations to wall structure/substrate to prevent water egress).
- Transfer bracket centre dimension to the rear back edge of the NRG Sunhood/Blade. Position height co-ordinate of axis (for bracket hole) approximately 50mm up from the base of Sunhood or centre- line of blade.
- Using a 30mm drill bit, bore this oversized hole to the required depth to each corresponding bracket. Thoroughly remove all loose e.p.s bead debris.
- Dry fit NRG Sunhood/Blade onto structural galvanised bolted brackets to wall structure. Ensure Sunhood/Blade fits correctly (level & plump) at this stage.
- Remove NRG Sunhood/Blade, place face (front edge) down onto ground level.
Using expandable trigger foam, inject (saturate) all 30mm bored holes ensuring liquid foam has encased entire sleeve hole from its base up to the outer edge. Also generously trigger foam the back edge face that is to secure to wall structure.
- Slide NRG Sunhood/Blade onto brackets and push back until the rear back face of the Sunhood/Blade compresses tight back to wall structure. Check for level/ plumb into final position and temporarily prop support for 24 hours.
- Adhere P.V.C UV Stabalised external beads to all external corners and use expansion beads to underside front edge to form a drip groove.
- Primary & secondary polyurethane seal (prior to render) Sunhood/Blade attachment at wall intersection. Secondary over seal post render (prior to waterproofing process)
- NRG Render Acrylic System; 1st and 2nd coat, Polymer Modified render/ fiberglass mesh. Top coat acrylic texture. NOTE: 48 HOUR CURE TIME (‘V’ disk join @ wall top internal for Polyurethane Secondary over-seal).
- Waterproof application – 2 x coats over top face, (turn up 100mm onto wall face) front edge and bottom edge return to drip groove. (NOTE: Using a polyurethane UV stabilised exterior membrane)
- Apply finishes; NOTE: to exterior specification for rendered surfaces.
NRG 12 STEP GUIDE VIEW